Sunday, July 26, 2015

Isaiah 12 Months


(Note: This post is belated due to our vacation! Here's a recap of Isaiah's past month - he turned 1 year on July 21st)


 



Isaiah 12 Months Old

 

I'm Growing!

 

Mommy finally took my measurements! I weigh just over 19 pounds and maybe stand 27 and 1/2 inches tall (this most likely is inaccurate because I refused to be still).

Firsts:

 

Pointing (it's my favorite).


Walking! I started walking fast and furious the week before I turned one.  

 

Sleep:

 

Sleeping is the same as last month except for the few miraculous nights' sleeps (when I slept from approximately 8pm to 6/7am) that I snuck in there. But mostly I got to bed around 7:45/8pm and wake up around 6:30/7:30am with 1-2 wake ups at night (and mommy gives me a bottle then because I'll shriek her ear off until she does it). I'm still an excellent napper, napping 1-2 hours in the morning around 9/10am and 1-2 hours in the afternoon around 2pm. I put myself to sleep, I still sleep in my sleep sack, and I like to sleep with my Monkey Bear. 


Eat:


I have been much more into eating table foods this month. Still mostly exploratory, but I've started actually swallowing some more food and mommy seems really happy when that happens. I eat bananas, watermelon, grapes, kiwis, tomatoes, bread, beans, turkey lunch meat, and most recently I get little samples of what the rest of the family has for dinners, and I like being a part of that and trying new flavors. I also tried a popsicle for the first time. It was okay. 


 

Play:


Playtime is mostly me walking around and trying to get into things, like trouble mommy says. I still like to chase big brother around and play with him when he lets me. I really like picking up toys and walking around with them in my hands. I like this cool toy house our old neighbor gave to us. I recently started playing in tunnels - boy is that fun! 







Likes:


Walking. Still LOVE Opie and big brother. Any toy that big brother has, bath time, water - including pools and splash parks, and books.






Dislikes:

 

Exact same as last month. Still dislike being in my car seat and being confined by any device with straps. Really dislike when I see mommy walk away from me - mommy says I'm starting to get separation anxiety. And still really dislike diaper changes or getting clothes put on me. I also dislike when mommy cooks dinner now (see pic below). 


Memories:

We moved into a new house and Grandma Sue came to help watch us.




 

 

My first fireworks and 4th of July - I thought they were interesting... But they didn't really keep my attention that well. I preferred trying to steal glow sticks.



My first carnival (for the 4th of July)



Then of course my first birthday! Mommy threw me a nice little celebration at our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment